Well, yesterday I FINALLY got to ride it.... Waited till Wednesday for the vari nut to be delivered, and when I got it together,, it started friggin raining..
I was able to test things out yesterday. I noticed a major improvement. It launched hella hard, and topped out at a GPS verified 81mph, and still had more, I just ran out if real estate.
Measured belt travel by marking the halves with a sharpie. There's only an eighth of an inch at the top that doesn't get belt travel. Better than I expected. About perfect I believe. If it were to try to go any farther up, it would derail or snap the belt. I am tickled that it has that much travel.
The take off is as hard, maybe harder than the Helix, and harder than this bike has EVER launched.
Didn't hear any rattle or added noise from the lack of grease in the vari either.I put a very thin film of grease on the rollers, then wipes most if that off. I did grease the boss and the journal, but used less than a quarter of how much I took out. Couldn't be happier with the results.