I get a reading on every wire for the r/r except the Brown wire any one have any idea what that goes to? I only see it to the horn going into this box.. Also twisted up to some wires i belive where the ignition switch and stuff was hooked up to
And also after watching the video i still dont know how to exactly test the stator conaidering mine looks different in connections
Here is how to test some of the parts, now your 2 plug is on the left and the 4 plug is on the right not the common scoots which have the 2 plug on the right and the 4 plug on the left. BUT the wiring should be the same:
On the 2 plug theres 2 wires and on the 4 plug its only 2 wires
On the TWO PLUG= Top is KILLSWITCH WIRE. on the TWO PLUG= Bottom is the POWER WIRE.
On the FOUR PLUG= Top LEFT is TRIGGER COIL PICKUP. On the FOUR PLUG= TOP RIGHT is COIL FEED WIRE.
Make sure the KILLSWITCH is on the RUN POSITION also check your SIDESTAND it may have a KILLSWITCH there and if so the Sidestand MUST BE UP. You can verify if you see some wires going to a switch on the sidestand.
Also make sure there is a GROUND WIRE FROM THE MOTOR TO THE FRAME.
I tested all that i hooked up a battery charger to the wires and had the dash lights and horn working.. To make sure the engine was grounded i hooked up the negitive right to the valve cover so i know its all grounded
That is a fact but I am telling you THE BEST WAY to MAKE SURE. The terminals on the batteries get corrosion over time and or loose and some ground will be lost. IF you have the TWO GROUNDS if your battery ground is lost your motor will keep running but you will just loose some electrical function.
Did you follow the VIDEO testing the parts. Did you pull the killwire off the CDI? Reason I say this your scooter is not knew and the switchs like the killswitch may be corrided and making contact and grounding the cdi.
Yea I know it is a DC SYSTEM, WHAT I DID NOT KNOW is no battery and no ignition(OUCH). You probably blew the CDI and or the R/R using the CHARGER to feed it voltage also any fuses in the wiring that you hooked up the charger to. With the CHARGER you were feeding more than 12volts NOT VERY SMART. So now you have shorted out some parts and it will now cost you more money to fix.
It does not take much to short things out. Some get blown if you hook the battery wrong the positive on the negative etc.. All you have to protect the electricals is the fuse on the red thin wire hooked up to the positive that goes to the IGNITION KEY. The Ignition always has 12volts from the battery then when you turn the KEY ON it makes contact with usually a black wire that feeds all the electricals that run off the battery.
Some things only get voltage after the motor is running like the charging system to charge your battery and some lighting.
CHECK YOUR FUSE IF YOUR LUCKY MAYBE THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT BLEW IF YOU HOOKED up the charger to the DEAD BATTERY or what did you hook up the charger to?